Community Marketeer and Conference Organiser
LAUREA is hiring! Come and join an ambitious start-up company!
LAUREA is specialised in the organisation of learning experiences and community building. We operate in Brussels, Belgium and abroad in English, Dutch and French. We work in line with our clients’ strategic objectives and collaborate closely with their teams (co-creation).
We have an eye for detail and a passion for impactful marketing and experiences.
Our clients are European and Belgian professional and patient associations and many of our projects are funded through private industry sponsorships.
We are LAUREA. We are community builders.
To grow from one person to many, we are hiring our first employee!
LAUREA is hiring a community marketeer and conference organiser. You should be available to start at the latest 1th June 2020.
- Bachelor degree (master degree is an asset) in business administration (handelswetenschappen/handelsingenieur), marketing, communication or event management (score: min. distinction and/or proven voluntary experience in student or other association)
- Brussels (close to metro and tram stations);
- Occasional trips abroad are possible (most likely not in the first year);
- Telework (details to be agreed).
- Working experience as a marketeer, event management, association management or project management position is an asset but not a necessity;
- This position is open to recent graduates but any working experience (even +10 years) is a plus.
What we offer
- A full time, indefinite duration contract;
- Being coached by an experienced professional;
- Possibility to co-shape a company and its future;
- Additional learning ‘in-class’ and online (f.e. LinkedIn Learning, etc);
- A salary package in line with your experience and competencies;
- Possibility to ‘grow’.
Key tasks in the first year
- Support the promotion of an e-educational platform at both European and national level;
- Project management of an expert meeting and a webinar of health care practitioners;
- Support the founder and project director in other projects and business development activities.
Required hard skills
- Project management skills
- Writing skills (copywriting, storytelling)
- Technological proficiency (able to or willing to learn website content management systems, e-mail marketing tools, social media, SEO, event registration platforms, …)
- Can work with PowerPoint, Word and Excel (certificates are an asset) and willing to become proficient at it
- Good with numbers (budget management)
- Clear communicator
- Language skills:
- You are fluent in English in both writing and speaking (and ready to develop towards ‘close to’ native proficiency)
- You feel comfortable speaking French (non-native proficiency)
- You are fluent in Dutch or willing to learn
- Any other language is a plus
- Stress-resistant (can deal with client and founder’s demands and deadlines);
- You have a pro-active attitude and are motivated to help ‘growing a business’;
- You have a positive attitude to life and a good sense of humour;
- You are an extravert person and have a good level of emotional intelligence;
- You have a ‘structured’ mindset;
- You are coachable and willing to learn and grow in your job and as a person;
- You are willing to do the ‘less pleasant’ work and ‘going the extra mile’ to make a project succeed;
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
How to apply?
- Send your CV (max 2 pages), a short elevator pitch (max. 10 lines or a max. 3 min. video) and one person we can contact as a reference (a former boss or teacher – please provide: e-mail and phone number) via email@example.com before Thursday March 12, 23:59h.
- You will not receive a notification of receipt, but you will receive a reply by the end of March at the latest.
- Candidates that enter the selection procedure will receive a max 1-page writing assignment, next there will be 1 video call followed by maximum 2 face-2-face meetings.